HTML5 NEW ELEMENTS:
In HTML5 Following Elements are addeed
- It is a graphics container, in which you can draw 2D graphics.
- To draw graphics like shapes, lines, ellipses etc.
- We create a canvas element using HTML 5
- We use pure java script to draw graphics on that HTML 5 canvas.
- Scalable Vector Graphics
- It is an another way of drawing graphics.
- SVG can be programmed using XML.
- Here also, target is to draw graphics
3) HTML5 Drag/Drop:
- We can drag and drop an element into another element such as div.
- We can allow user to drag and drop images into a box.
- For example, the user can drag and drop an img into div.
4) HTML5 Geolocation:
- We can track the current location of the client, where our page is running.
- Works good in mobiles
5) HTML5 Video:
- Basically, we are currently depending on 3rd party video players such as
- flash, yahoo player etc., to play videos
- We show video players directly using html 5
6) HTML5 Audio:
- Basically, we are currently depending on 3rd party audio players such as flash etc.
- We show audio players directly using html 5
7) HTML5 Input Types:
- <input type=”date” />
- <input type=”email” />
- <input type=”range” />
- <input type=”color” />
8) HTML5 Form Attributes:
These are the new attributes are introduced in <form> and <input> tags.
- <input type=”submit” formaction=”serverpage1.asp” />
- <input type=”submit” formaction=”serverpage2.asp” />
- <input type=”file” multiple=”multiple”>
9) HTML5 Web Storage:
- We can store some data temporarily, while the page is running.
- Data: simple values / objects / local databases
- It is used to store temporary data only.
- We can programmatically add data / erase data.
- The data stored using one page, can be accessible using that page only.
- This is like an enhancement for cookies.
10) HTML5 App Cache:
- It is also known as offline applications.
- Works like browser cache.
- If you enable this feature for a page, even though net is disconnected,
- That page can be loaded on the browser.
- It internally stores the page output in the cache memory.
11) HTML5 Web Workers:
- This is used to do background work, while the page is running, without
- Disturbing the functionality of the page.
- Examples: Count down, Time updates etc.
12) HTML5 SSE:
- Server Side Events
- Server itself can send some notification / data to the browser, while the
- Page is running on the browser.
How Did HTML5 Get Started?
- HTML5 is a co-operation between the World Wide Web Consortium
- (W3C) and the Web Hypertext Application Technology Working Group
- WHATWG was working with web forms and applications, and W3C was
- working with XHTML 2.0. In 2006, they decided to cooperate and create
- a new version of HTML.
Some rules for HTML5 were established:
- Reduce the need for external plug-ins (like Flash)
- Better error handling
- More markup to replace scripting
- HTML5 should be device independent
- The development process should be visible to the public
The HTML5 <!DOCTYPE>
- In HTML5 there is only one <!doctype> declaration, and it is very simple:
Minimum HTML5 Document
Below is a simple HTML5 document, with the minimum of required tags:
<title>Title of the document</title>
The content of the document......