dbForge Studio for SQL Server is a powerful IDE for SQL Server management, administration, development, data reporting and analysis.The tool will help SQL developers to perform complex database changes, version-control database changes in popular source control systems, and speed up routine tasks.
dbForge Studio for SQL Server Features Overview:
Devart’s SQL Server management tool provides a number of tools for T-SQL development and database management. below are the list of features available in dbForge Studio for SQL Server.
- SQL Coding Assistance:
- SQL Source Control
- Index Manager
- Unit Test
- Table Designer
- Database Diagram
- T-SQL Debugger
- Query Profiler
- Schema Compare
- Data Compare
- Data Generator
- Query Builder
- Data Export and Import
- Database Administration
- Server Event Profiler
- Data Editor
- SQL Server Reporting
- Master-Detail Browser
- Pivot Table
Download Link : https://www.devart.com/dbforge/sql/studio/download.html
1.SQL Coding Assistance:
features help you get instant information on the SQL code you are typing, prompts context-sensitive suggestions, object member lists, full JOIN clauses, expands INSERT, EXEC, and ALTER statements, wildcards, generates aliases, and much more. Automatic SQL formatting brings your code in line with common coding style standards. There is a great number of built-in SQL snippets that store and reuse repeated code fragments saving you a good deal of time. Quick Object Info displays a complete description of any identifier in your code. it contains below features.
- Code completion — to create whole SQL statement in a few keystrokes.
- SQL formatting — to follow common coding style (standard).
- SQL snippets — to save time storing and reusing repeated code fragments.
- Quick object information — to show hints with info on database objects.
- Code navigation — quick jump by F12 to variable declaration, object editor, etc.
2.SQL Source Control:
allows you to manage database changes in source control when developing and deploying an application. You can quickly link an SQL database to one of the supported source control systems: Subversion (SVN), Team Foundation Server (including TFS Cloud), Git (including GitHub), Perforce (P4), Mercurial, SourceGear Vault. Commit local changes to a remote repository, update a local working copy with the latest changes from the source control, view change history, merge files, and resolve conflicts visually in a handy interface.
This Feature allows you
- Link database the most popular source control systems
- Source-control a working folder
- Perform all source-controlling tasks visually in a handy interface
- Track changes history
- Resolve conflicts
lets you analyze the status of SQL indexes and fix the issues with index fragmentation. You can quickly gather index fragmentation statistics, detect databases that require maintenance, instantly rebuild and reorganize SQL indexes in a visual mode or generate an SQL script for future use.
An intuitive and convenient tool for implementing automated unit testing. The tool is based on the open-source tSQLt framework, so SQL developers can benefit from writing unit tests in regular T-SQL. Unit Test rich functionality allows to develop stable and reliable code that can be properly regression tested at the unit level.
is a tSQLt-based tool that is designed for implementing automated unit testing so that you can develop stable and reliable SQL code that can be properly regression tested at the unit level.
it is an user interface is similar to that used in SSMS. It has visual editors for columns, indexes, primary and foreign keys, check constraints, statistics, and table storage properties.Table is a key object in any database and is the most difficult one to configure. The elaborated SQL Table Designer allows to:
- Quickly set table properties in the visual editors.
- Edit a script that creates the table.
- Rebuild tables when complex changes are introduced.
- Preview changes before modification of an SQL database object.
helps you visualize a database. You can create one or more diagrams that illustrate some or all of the tables, columns, keys, and relationships of a specific particular database. dbForge Studio for SQL Server allows you to create as many database diagrams as you want.
Database Diagram feature provides:
- Easy managing and scaling.
- Containers for grouping objects.
- Printing large diagrams.
- Virtual connections.
A must-have SQL database development tool for server-side logic. It’s integrated into the stored procedure editor. Start debugging by clicking on the Database Explorer tree.
It provides a graphical representation of the actual and estimated query execution plans. A graphical plan is a commonly used type of an execution plan. The graphical format of both the actual and estimated execution plans makes it easier to analyze them. The detailed data on the plans can be found in ToolTips and Property sheets. The tool allows you to compare different plans while doing some performance tuning.
this tool allows you to synchronize database schemas with complex object dependencies. The results of schema comparison are neatly presented in a preview window. In addition, dbForge Studio for SQL Server generates a Data Definition Language (DDL) script that can be used to synchronize the different schemas.
this tool will help you to:
- Synchronize database schemas with complex object dependencies.
- Detect development errors early.
- Create schema snapshots to capture database structure.
- Detect drift on production databases.
- Create deployment scripts targeting different SQL Server editions.
An essential SQL Server tool when transferring data from one server to another. It allows you to:
- Synchronize table data between servers.
- Analyze data differences and create reports.
- Compare databases with different structure.
- Schedule regular data synchronization.
- Compare table data in SQL Server backups.
A powerful tool for generating large volumes of meaningful test data for SQL Server database tables. The tool includes a great choice of predefined generators with sensible configuration options, that allow emulating column-intelligent real-world data.
- 200+ meaningful generators
- 15+ Basic generators
- User-defined generators
- Command-line interface
A handy tool for documenting SQL Server databases. Documenter allows you to:
- Obtain an overview of the database schema
- Include self-documenting SQL objects
- View inter-object and inter-database dependencies
- Customize documentation styles
- Generate documents in HTML and PDF formats
Create complex queries in a split second using only the mouse. Query Builder tool comprises visual editors for each query clause, automatically creates relations between tables, allows you to work with subqueries and edit INSERT, UPDATE, and DELETE queries visually.
14.Data Export and Import:
Crucial tools for filling a database with external source data and migrating data between systems. Our tools support 10+ widely used data formats, a number of advanced options, templates for recurring scenarios, customizable regular command line import and export.
With Security Manager integrated into dbForge Studio for SQL Server, you can administer your database confidently and safely. It allows you to:
- Manage users accounts and logins.
- Assign roles to users if they have a whole set of privileges.
- Grant and revoke users permissions.
16.Server Event Profiler:
A rich interface to create, manage, and analyze trace results.
- Create a trace
- Watch the trace results as the trace runs
- Store the trace results in a table
- Start, stop, modify the trace results as necessary
Using our SQL Server manager you will enjoy managing tabular data. This tool provides you with convenient editing, filtering, sorting, copying of randomly selected cells, quick data export to INSERT query and many other features for a better efficiency.
18.SQL Server Reporting:
SQL Report Builder with support of chart plotting converts your data into a good-looking report. This SQL management tool also allows you to build visual SQL data reports in 9 different formats. The command line interface helps you to schedule automatic report delivery.
Used for simultaneous data view in related tables. It is also convenient for express data analysis and locating specific records and logical errors in the database. Visual diagram helps to set up communications in a few seconds and go directly to view.
Using this tool, you don’t need to go into SQL subtleties to group and summarize your data. Visual Pivot Table Designer, advanced filtering, visual data presentation in a graph make your data easier to read, understand, and analyze. Note: table designer does not generate pivot SQL queries that can be used outside of the program.
- Microsoft SQL Server Connectivity
- SQL Server 2016
- SQL Server 2014
- SQL Server 2012
- SQL Server 2008, 2008R2 (including Express edition)
- SQL Server 2005 (including Express edition)
- SQL Server 2000 (including MSDE edition)
- Local DB
- SQL Azure
- Working with SQL Server on Amazon RDS
- Microsoft Windows 7/8/8.1/10, and Windows Server 2008/2012
- .NET Framework 4.5.2 or higher installed
You can download .NET Framework here.
Note: .NET Framework is pre-installed in Microsoft Windows 7, 8, 8.1 and Windows 10.
Download Link : https://www.devart.com/dbforge/sql/studio/download.html
Source Link : https://www.devart.com/dbforge/sql/studio/
We hope you find the eBook helpful, I hope you liked the article. Please share your valuable suggestions and feedback in the comments.